There are not any CEPH accredited universities located in the state of Wyoming, but there are online public health programs you can consider.
Online MPH Programs in Wyoming
While there is no right or wrong way to pursue a higher degree, there are more efficient choices for degree programs throughout the state. The quality of degree programs can vary significantly depending on where you look. Choosing to pursue your degree online can be a convenient option for people that want to continue working regular jobs without having to give some of their free time to their education.
Online degree programs can be found in high numbers online, which can be a good and bad thing for upcoming students. If you are searching for these types of programs, be sure to focus on programs that have CEPH accreditation for degrees in public health. Accreditation is the assurance that the curriculum is relevant to the field you are in and can provide a solid backing for doctoral program acceptance in the future.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
MPH programs online can include specializations such as Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health Policy and Development, and Global Health. Each of these specializations could be more fitting for you, depending on what your interests are and what your goals are as a professional in the field.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Wyoming
The outlook for public health in Wyoming is fairly bleak. Wyoming ranks near the bottom of the list in nearly every public health indicator category. There are a few jobs and government offices to work at, but training within public health can be difficult to come by.
With the current lowest population in the United States, Wyoming's population comes in at just over 582,000 people. These quaint numbers are not representative of the beautiful landscape and the vast amazing viewpoints found within this state. Residents within Wyoming that have the desire to work in fields that provide protection and health education to the public may be an excellent addition to the field of public health. In its current position, 10% of Wyoming's small population lies under the poverty level. 15% of citizens have no health insurance.
Considering these factors, it is easy to see why public health professionals are a vital resource for vulnerable people throughout the state. It is up to people in public health jobs to provide programs and policies to help guide these residents to services and programs that can assist with their overall health and wellness. If you are the type of person that wants to help people lead happier and healthier lives, MPH programs through Wyoming's colleges may be the right choice for you.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Wyoming
Although Wyoming has a vast landscape and low population, there are still areas of the state in which people come in very close contact with others on a regular basis. The need for advanced public health programs and planning is high within this state, in order to help residents steer clear of dangerous illness and disease.
Epidemiologists are the leading source of protection for Wyoming's citizens. These professionals work alongside hospitals and public health organizations to develop policies that inform the public on different ways to stay safe while out in public. Without professionals such as epidemiologists, it would be difficult for populations to understand different ailments and how to protect themselves from them.
If you find yourself seeking a career that can make a different in the lives of others and improve the community in which you live - epidemiology is a great option.
Public Health Salary and Jobs
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: Less than 100