Throughout the state of Vermont, MPH programs are available to assist with your transition into graduate level knowledge. Once you have obtained a graduate level degree in public health, you could see out careers in hospitals, research facilities, or even with local/national government.
There is no better feeling that knowing that you have contributed to the improvement of public health through your career. Enrolling in a MPH program can set you on track for a lifetime of satisfaction through working with the public.
Online MPH Programs in Vermont
While traditional institutions have always been the main choice for upcoming college students, there are more options available for hard working people and those wanting flexibility with their education. Online MPH degree programs are designed to give students the opportunity to indulge in a college degree program without having to give up a current working position or lose time with their families.
Through online programs, students can use the internet to access their coursework, tests, and discussions with their instructors and other students.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years. Request Information.
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years. Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
Why Study Online?
Many people successfully complete online degree programs each year and go on to have profitable careers in the field of public health. If you are interested in pursuing your degree online, there are several different options for degree concentrations for you to choose from. Public Health Policy Development, Community Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Global Health, Behavioral Health Sciences, and Generalist degrees are some of the choices you have to choose from in the field of public health.
Overview of Public Health in Vermont
The small state of Vermont currently has over 626,000 residents in need of public health programs. While Vermont has poverty and uninsured percentages that are lower than most states within the country, there are still 11% of the population living under the federal poverty line and 7% without insurance.
The figures indicate a need for a strong and stable public health initiative that can put people in touch with agencies that can assist with their needs. If you are the type of person that could play a role in the development of helpful policies and help to implement them, public health is a great field for you to be involved.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Vermont
If you had the choice to take a career that could improve the quality of life for those around you, would you take it? Public health fields have been created to do just this. There are many different specializations in public health, each having its own focus on different areas of public health. One important aspect of public health that deals with the prevention of disease is epidemiology.
Careers in Public Health
Professionals working in epidemiology have the potential to determine where diseases and illnesses form, how people come in contact with them, and how they are spread to others within the community. Using this knowledge, epidemiologists create awareness campaigns that assist the public with protecting themselves against obtaining these ailments. In addition to public awareness, epidemiologists may also create programs throughout the community to assist with the quick treatment and prevention of such illnesses.
Public Health Salary and Jobs in Vermont
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: