If you live in the state of Oregon and want to pursue a meaningful graduate degree, public health degrees are a great option. Public health concerns itself with protecting the public from illness, disease, trauma, injury, and other threats to wellness.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Oregon
Students that are moving up the educational ladder may have the initiative to find careers working in public health in an effort to better the state of living for all people. In Oregon, 14% of citizens are living in poverty. 15% are living day to day life without the security of health insurance. Consider the entire population of this state totals over 3.9 million, this is a staggering number of people living under profound risks to public health.
Obtaining a MPH could be your way of thwarting these risks and helpful citizens throughout the state find awareness to their own health and well-being. Oregon currently has 17 MPH programs throughout the state, provided by Oregon Health & Science University, Portland State University, and Oregon State University.
CEPH accredited degree programs found in the state of Oregon include specializations like Biostatistics and Global Health. There are plenty more concentrations to choose from. Now is the time to take the plunge into a meaningful degree program that can change your career for the better.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available. Click here for admissions information.
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Whether you are moving into the field or expanding your knowledge, the program provides the science-based knowledge you’ll need to devise and implement solutions to public health challenges. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
Online MPH Programs in Oregon
Online MPH programs in Oregon are a great way for students to take part in this popular field without having to rearrange their current living habits. Online MPH programs generally take around 2-3 years for completion, and include different daily requirements such as online discussions, quizzes, and course projects.
The quality of these programs is comparable to traditional degree programs, with most sharing the same teachers as standard in-person classes. These accredited programs are helpful to students that wish to take part in independent learning, while still providing close support from instructors.
CEPH Accredited Public Health Programs in Oregon
The state of Oregon has two universities offering CEPH accredited public health programs, according to the Council on Education for Public Health. Despite only have 2 universities with CEPH public health accredited programs, there are a number of different degrees at all levels as well as different learning formats, and public health specialties at these two universities.
Oregon Health & Science University and Portland State University
Alongside the MPH program, students may find a variety of concentrations available. The most prominent online MPH program in Oregon is the MPH - Primary Health Care & Health Disparities degree at Oregon Health & Science University/Portland State University. Students that are interested in addressing health care concerns would be an excellent choice for this degree program.
- At Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR, aspiring public health students can select from BS, MPH, MS, and PhD programs in public health, with over 20 different specialties.
- At Portland State University / Oregon Health & Science University, in Portland, OR, students have a number of different MPH specialties to choose from.
There are also online programs accepting students from OR - we have listed some below.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Oregon
In the state of Oregon, residents value their health and wellness to a high degree. The whole purpose for public health degree programs is to put students on track for an innovative field that works hard to keep people safe and healthy. One field in particular that moves mountains for public health awareness is epidemiology.
This scientific field works to better understand how diseases and illnesses are created, obtained, spread, and treated. The knowledge gained about different detriments can contribute to the formation of more effective policies and prevention plans for society. The development of more in-depth community education plans is also another important contribution for professionals in this career.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: Over 100