For upcoming college students, choosing a degree program that can withstand the test of time and has a relevant application to society are important things to consider. Public health is a subject that will likely remain a concern for all states as the years progress.
With this in mind, you should take a look at the 16 MPH programs available from universities in Wisconsin. The Medical College of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, and the University of Wisconsin at Madison are 3 colleges that provide CEPH accredited MPH programs with numerous concentrations. At these universities, you can take part in programs that take a deeper look into the factors contributing to widespread public health, as well as the common methods for approaching problematic issues within the community.
Online MPH Programs in Wisconsin
A common dilemma for upcoming college students in Wisconsin is determining what method to use for degree acquisition. Over the years, more students have found alternative methods for obtaining their education, such as the use of online degree programs. At first, online degree programs were not the most reliable method for higher learning, but the quality has since been improved through the use of accreditation agencies.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years. Request Information.
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years. Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
CEPH Accredited Public Health Programs in Wisconsin
There are currently 2 online MPH programs in Wisconsin that are accredited by the CEPH. The BS-MPH Joint Degree program at the Medical College of Wisconsin and the MPH Generalist degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin are 2 reliable degree programs that can be completed online. If you have the urge to move forward to Master's level status, but need a more flexible option for your education, online MPH programs are definitely something for you to consider.
Specific programs vary, but there are program options for undergraduate, Bachelor's degree seekers, as well as the popular Master's level program. For example, the University of Wisconsin-Madison has a number of different MPH specialties and transition programs to Doctorate programs.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Wisconsin
Wisconsin is a growing state that puts high value in public health. The population has exceeded 5.7 million in recent counts, and ranks 36th among other states in its poverty percentage. In terms of uninsured residents, Wisconsin ranks 44th with 10% of people not carrying current health insurance. These factors are just a couple of reasons why public health is such an important concern for residents living within this state.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Wisconsin
Public health degree programs can be found in many different forms. Some programs are focused on policy development exclusively, while others are more applied within their specific fields. One of the most profound fields of public health may be that of epidemiology. Going back to scientific roots, this field involves the use of in-depth research to bring to light the origination, spread, and prevention of different diseases and illnesses. If you decide to work in this area of public health, you may find yourself testing different methods of prevention in a controlled setting and writing policies that protect others within the community from coming in contact with these diseases and illnesses. Providing helpful awareness campaigns and prevention plans can help make the quality of life in your area better for everyone. This career field can be achieved by acquiring a MPH - Epidemiology from a university in the state of Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Public Health Salary and Jobs
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: