The state of Utah has three universities offering CEPH accredited public health programs, according to the Council on Education for Public Health. The University of Utah, Westminster College, and Brigham Young University are the leading providers of CEPH accredited MPH programs. With 11% of Utah's 2.9 million population current living in poverty and 14% remaining uninsured, there is no better time than now to get involved with public health degree programs.
The University of Utah has over 10 different public health programs, all available at their campus in Salt Lake City, UT. There are several transition programs or dual programs, as well as the MPH (most popular) and a PhD in Public Health.
Online MPH Programs in Utah
The online domain has grown into a phenomenon all its own. For educational purposes, the internet has proven to be a useful tool that can assist students with obtaining their degree without having to fight the crowd at local universities. As the population rises, the interest in online education could continue to rise.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years. Request Information.
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years. Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
Online MPH programs are inclusive programs that take on the responsibility of instructing students on the various public health programs, services, and needs present within society. Some programs are more focused on the development of public health programs, while others are more applied in a public setting.
Depending on what type of career you desire or the sector of society you plan to work, your degree program may be very different than others. Take a look at some of the common MPH programs available throughout the state of Utah.
Top Programs at Utah Colleges
- MPH - Health Promotion
- MPH - Generalist
- MPH - MD Joint Degree
- MPH - MSW Joint Degree
Overview of Public Health in Utah
Home to the Great Salt Lake, Utah is a state that is known for its outstanding natural sites and tourist attractions. With this in mind, it is easy to assume why Utah is such a popular place for visitors as well as people relocating permanently.
With such a huge intake of tourists each year, the state takes great pride in its dedication to public health. The interest in public health stems from the desire to have safe and happy environments for families, business professionals, and communities as a whole.
As a resident of this state, you may find yourself sharing some of the same views of public health awareness. If you have a great need to find a career assisting with society's improvement, public health degree programs could be right for you.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Utah
Can you remember a time that you attended a public event and ended up sick a few days later? Illnesses and diseases are known to be transferred to people in close contact, with various determinants for each ailment. In the field of epidemiology, those determinants would be exactly what you were searching for. In order to protect the residents of Utah from dangerous outbreaks, it is important that you are aware of the various diseases and illnesses present within the community and the different methods for preventing their spread.
Degree programs throughout the state of Utah were designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to investigate, plan, and follow-up with public health programs set out to protect citizens. Seeing yourself in a position like this one is the first step in knowing this is a field for you. Take a look at some additional information about this field below.
Public Health Salary and Jobs in Utah
- Average Salary: $61,890
- Salary Range: $46,820 to $92,220
- People Employed: 90