In the state of South Dakota, there are currently over 844,000 residents. Of these residents, 14% are currently living under the federal poverty line and 14% are uninsured. With these factors in mind, there is definitely a need for public health intervention to help assist with this growing epidemic.
Colleges throughout the state of South Dakota and beyond offer MPH programs that focus on various subjects including Biostatics and Epidemiology. Having the urge to better yourself through further education should be your first indication that you have potential that has not been met. Enroll in a MPH program in the state of South Dakota to improve the quality of your life and the lives of others within your state.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years. Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years. Request Information.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in South Dakota
Hospitals, health care centers, educational institutions, and public service providers are just a few of the different areas in which public health policies are implemented. Public health is a field that focuses on the need for better planning surrounding the prevention and treatment of serious health-related issues.
Not only is health care a leading client for public health, but other areas such as employment, sports, recreation, and the food industry are equally reliant on professionals in this field. If you find yourself seeking a degree program that can indulge your need to help others, you may be in the right place.
MPH degree programs can give students exemplary knowledge in fields that focus on the exploratory nature of public health, the applied health-related disciplines, and the formation and management of public health policies.
Online MPH Programs in South Dakota
South Dakota has an incredible landscape that draws in people from all over the world. For residents, living in this state is a privilege that is not gone without appreciation. Since a lot of the population of South Dakota is located in vast areas, online education has become increasingly popular for people here.
Online MPH programs are a great option not only for the added convenience of attending school from anywhere, but also for allowing students to continue working in their current positions or managing a family without interruption. If you are thinking of pursuing a degree in public health but you are not sure about how to manage your time effectively, online MPH programs may be a great option for you.
Concentrations for online programs are similar to that of traditional degree programs. Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health Policy & Management, Community Health Education, Global Health, and Behavioral Health Sciences are just a few of the options available to students enrolled. Take the time to review some of the programs available within your state. CEPH accredited programs may be available for you to take part in.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in South Dakota
South Dakota is a truly beautiful place to reside. Within this state, residents are confident in their public health professionals and their ability to provide them with programs and planning in the case of disease outbreaks.
Epidemiologists are the leaders of such programming, making an effort to prevent the public from becoming vulnerable to a wide range of diseases or serious illness. This is achieved by looking into the different types of diseases to better understand how they are formed, spread, and what effects they may have on the public. Completely understanding these facts can make it easier for professionals to communicate prevention policies to the public, which can have a tremendous effect on the wellness of people within the community.
Beneath this section, there is more information regarding the salary and employment data for epidemiologists within the state of South Dakota.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: