When non-residents think about Rhode Island, they imagine a small and quaint place to start a career. For people living within the state, there is much more than meets the eye.
There is ample potential within this state for students that wish to pursue higher education.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Rhode Island
In the field of public health, Rhode Island employs professionals at hospitals, state agencies, and even through private businesses provide consultations to interested organizations. The need for dedicated public health professionals is high with this state, just as it is in many others.
Although Rhode Island has a modest population of a little over 1 million, there are 14% of residents living in poverty and 12% living uninsured. These factors bring to light the importance of community support programs, policies surrounding the protection of vulnerable populations, and the need for increased health care support. In public health professions, you could possibly have a hand in the creation and implementation of these policies. In order to get started, you can review Rhode Island's 10 different MPH programs.
Finding a degree program with a concentration you can related to is the first step to a long and fruitful career assisting the public need.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- Southern New Hampshire University offers multiple public health programs online, including a online BS in Public Health and BS in Community Health Education, a MS in Public Health, and MS in Public Health - Global Health, which aligns to the competencies instituted by the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health (ASPPH).
Online MPH Programs in Rhode Island
Choosing a MPH degree program can be an overwhelming process. There are so many programs available, some in-person and others online. Depending on what you require from your degree program, one may be more fitting than the other. Online degree programs are in a class all of their own.
With the rise in technology dependence, more people are enrolling in online degree programs to savor the essence of their free time. These programs are equal in quality, duration, and application to standard degree programs. Some programs use the same teachers for both online and traditional courses. CEPH accredited programs can be found online, just like in traditional learning environment.
CEPH accreditation ensures that your degree program is relevant and sticks to the topics required within your line of work. Check out some of the MPH programs available in Rhode Island below.
- MPH - Behavioral & Social Health Sciences
- MPH - Biostatistics
- MPH - Epidemiology
- MPH - Environmental Health
- MPH - Global Health
- MPH - Health Services
- MPH - Generalist
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Rhode Island
Students that enter into public health-related disciplines may have a strong desire to improve the communities in which they live. This concern for others is what makes public health professionals so important to the development of helpful awareness and prevention plans.
If you find yourself searching for a career that really does make a difference in the lives of others, epidemiology could be an option for you. In the field of epidemiology, you can conduct research on the origination and spread of disease. This knowledge can provide you with a stable foundation for the creation of public health education programs and policies that help to protect citizens from acquiring dangerous diseases and illnesses.
Degree programs that focus on epidemiology are available throughout the state, making this a great place to obtain your degree.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: