New Jersey is known for having the highest population density of any state within the country. While this is an extravagant fact for business and commerce, it can be quite difficult to manage in terms of public health.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in New Jersey
The 8.9 million citizens in the state of New Jersey rely on public health professionals to assist them with helpful prevention programs and awareness education to assist them with leading healthier lives. With 10% of the population living in poverty and 14% of citizens have no health insurance, the time is now to consider a master's level degree focusing on public health.
In terms of what the state of New Jersey can provide, there are currently 28 MPH programs available throughout the state. Some universities that provide these programs are Rutgers, the State University of New York and Montclair State University. There are numerous concentrations ranging from Community Health Education to Dental Public Health for interested prospects in this discipline.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- Southern New Hampshire University offers multiple public health programs online, including a online BS in Public Health and BS in Community Health Education, a MS in Public Health, and MS in Public Health - Global Health, which aligns to the competencies instituted by the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health (ASPPH).
Online MPH Programs in New Jersey
The online degree experience can go beyond what students would expect from these convenient degree programs. For the working professional, an online degree program can be the light in the dark when searching for ways to pursue better careers options. Online degree programs can be a great way to better your educational portfolio without having to quit a current position or compromise needed time at home.
In public health degree programs, students can engage in online programs that can test their knowledge of the field while providing them with the opportunity to independently learn alongside others in the field. Most online MPH programs can last from 2-3 years, depending on how invested you are into finishing quickly. Most programs allow learners to take courses at their own pace throughout the length of the program. The state of New Jersey has many different specializations for their degree programs. Take a look at the list below.
- MPH - Epidemiology
- MPH - Health Systems & Policy
- MPH - Biostatistics
- MPH - Community Health Education
- MPH - Quantitative Methods
- MPH - Urban Health Administration
- MPH - Global Public Health
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in New Jersey
If you choose a specialization such as epidemiology, you may find that the career options are extremely diverse and include a wide range of interesting responsibilities. Part of the glamour associated with this field is related to the scientific nature of the job itself. Epidemiologists work hard to determine where diseases originate and how they are spread throughout communities. This can be done by investigating particular areas in which disease and illness are common, or through case studies and data from different areas of society. Working hands on within society is often required in this field as well as laboratory work and group meetings. These professionals are a leading source in the planning and development of important prevention programs throughout the state of New Hampshire.
- Average Salary: $102,160
- Salary Range: $59,080 to $120,670
- People Employed: 120