Home to one of the founding colonies of the country, New Hampshire is a grand and exciting place to reside. Over time, the state has gained over 1.3 million residents, 12% currently without health insurance. Although the poverty rate within this state is the lowest in the country, the need for public health education is still in demand.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in New Hampshire
Students that are moving into graduate level educational programs should consider public health as a means for a better career and a more fulfilling role in the community setting. New Hampshire currently has 4 MPH Programs available through different universities.
Dartmouth University - Geisel School of Medicine offers MPH degree programs focusing on the Generalist Concentration as well as joint degree programs with the MBA and MD degrees. The University of New Hampshire also has an MPH - Generalist program that is ideal for prospects without any specific interests for their public health career.
Online MPH Programs in New Hampshire
The digital age that is currently present in society has changed the way that people interact with one another and the environment. The convenience of the internet has made many daily activities more smooth to access, including that of education.
Enrolling in online degree programs is commonplace for a lot of people. In comparison to traditional educational programs, students are not noticing a difference in the quality of education or the quantity of information gained throughout. While online degree programs are becoming more popular, there are some things to consider prior to engaging in them. Online universities sometimes provide degree programs that lack the proper accreditation required to consider them relevant in the field of public health.
New Hampshire currently has an online MPH - Generalist program through Dartmouth University that hold current and reviewed CEPH accreditation. CEPH accreditation is what is required of public health programs, making this a preferred school for obtaining your degree. These online programs can last anywhere from 2-3 years, depending on the amount of courses you take per semester and how many prerequisite courses you completed in undergraduate education.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in New Hampshire
Public health careers can range from working in an office to spending all day in the field. If you want a career that allows you to work in both domains, epidemiology may be the right fit for you. During a day's work, you may be responsible for obtaining and testing blood samples in an effort to determine the cause or effects of different diseases. Using the knowledge found through testing, you could provide communities with insight into how to prevent these diseases from spreading to others within society. You may also observe different areas or conduct interviews to determine prominence of different illnesses and common areas in which they were exposed. This career path is highly investigative in nature and can provide a fulfilling sense of accomplishment to its professionals.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: