People are drawn to the state of Nevada due to its unique landscapes and exciting nightlife. Residents in this state may have some concerns surrounding their own well-being, due to the influx of large numbers of tourists each year.
The population is growing to nearly 2.8 million in recent counts, with the entire state ranking 18th in state poverty rankings. The state of Nevada is ranked 2nd in state uninsured ranks, sparking debates into the need for public health interventions.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Nevada
UNLV and UNR MPH Programs
If you want to be a part of important change programs throughout this incredible state, now is the time to enroll in a MPH program through one of Nevada's excellent universities. 2 of the most prominent universities for pursuing a MPH degree are the University of Nevada at Las Vegas and the University of Nevada at Reno.
Between the 2 universities, there are 12 MPH programs with concentrations in Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Healthcare Administration & Policy, Social and Behavioral Health, Public Health Practice, and Environmental & Occupational Health. There are many degree programs available that are more than likely going to satisfy your urge for higher education.
Online MPH Programs in Nevada
The surge in popularity around online education and in particular the Online MPH has mostly been in part to the rise in dependence on technology and the internet.
The quality of online degree programs has increased over the years, making them more acceptable from employers and licensing agencies all over the country. Nevada has an MPH degree program focusing on Public Health Practice that is currently accredited by the CEPH.
The CEPH is the leading source of accreditation for education programs that promote public health and their seal can ensure you that you are receiving a valid education through your chosen university. The reliability of your curriculum and degree program are vital to having the most knowledge within your particular subject. When you are prepared to enroll in an online MPH program, be sure to review the accreditation information of your chosen program prior to enrolling.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Nevada
Epidemiologists in the state of Nevada have a large responsibility for developing helpful programs and policies to protect citizens. The main priority of the epidemiologist is to collect data regarding commonly found ailments, illnesses, or diseases within a particular area and develop helpful solutions to protect people from falling victim to them. This can be achieved through interviews, biostatistics, or even through direct observation. The findings of these professionals can be pivotal in changing the way that communities work to protect their members from these issues. If you might be interested in having a career such as this one, degree programs throughout the state of Nevada are open for enrollment. Some more details about epidemiologists within this state - such as income information and the number of employed professionals - can be found after this section.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: