Nebraska's population is currently in excess of 1.8 million. As the years progress the population will likely see a remarkable increase, making public health an important concern for the public and lawmakers. Currently, Nebraska's state poverty percentage is at 11%, meaning that this portion of the population is living under the federal poverty level.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Nebraska
13% of Nebraska's citizens are currently uninsured, which is another factor that contributes to the need for more public health intervention. Getting involved in the field of public health can be achieved by enrolling in a MPH program in Nebraska or Online.
If you do not have a college in mind, Nebraska has high-quality MPH programs available through the University of Nebraska Medical Center. What you have in mind for a career should be your leading factor in choosing a specialization for your degree program. The University of Nebraska Medical Centers has degree concentrations that include Maternal & Child Health, Community-Oriented Primary Care, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental & Occupational Health, and Public Health Administration and Practice.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- Regis College’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) can prepare you to meet these and other emerging challenges on a local, state, or national level. With 2 concentrations in Epidemiology and Health Policy and Management, you can Apply with No GRE and the program can be completed in as few as 7 semesters.
Click for admissions information at RegisCollege.edu.
Another featured sponsored program, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Online MPH Programs in Nebraska
The method that you choose to pursue your master's degree can have an effect on how you pursue the next 2-3 years of your life. While some students prefer hands on learning in a face-to-face environment, others prefer more distant, convenient methods.
Traditional learning environments are great for students to have direct contact with their instructors, but online degree programs can provide students with more free time for working or spending time with their families. Online degree programs focusing on public health are a great way to gain a higher education in the state of Nebraska.
The Renowned University of Nebraska Medical Center CEPH-accredited MPH
The University of Nebraska Medical Center currently has 3 online MPH degree programs including the MPH - Biostatistics, MPH - Environmental & Occupational Health, and the MPH - Public Health Practice. Choosing to pursue your degree online should not limit your ability to excel in the field of public health.
The specializations provided in this state are widespread and provide educational opportunities in 3 very different areas. Each program is accredited by the CEPH, which is the leading accreditation organization for educational programs focusing on public health.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Nebraska
After graduating with a MPH degree, you may find that there are many different places to use your expertise in the field. The career track that you choose should be based around your degree concentration, so that you have the most knowledge possible before entering into the field.
Epidemiology is one of the most popular fields for public health professionals. People working in these positions can work for hospitals, private consultation organizations, government offices, and even research. The explorative nature of this career field calls on dedicated professionals that seek answers to common questions concerning diseases and illnesses, as well as the many different methods available for protecting the public from them. Take a look at some more information regarding this field below.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: