Montana is one of the most beautiful states within the U.S. to live. The landscapes are breathtaking and the atmosphere is beyond pleasant. Behind the scenes, however, there are many different factors that contribute to the need for experienced public health professionals within this state.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Montana
Montana currently ranks 24th in state poverty rankings, with 15% of citizens currently living in poverty. In state uninsured rankings, Montana ranks much higher at 9th. 18% of citizens have no medical insurance. These figures indicate that there are many different people living in the state of Montana that lack adequate health care and likely do not have access to services that can assist them with improving their wellness.
The best way to become an active part of the solution to these problems is to enroll in a MPH program in the state of Montana. The state currently has a MPH Program available that coincides with a Generalist concentration. This degree program would be an excellent choice for students that have a wide range of interests within public health and want to touch many lives during the life of their career.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Online MPH Programs in Montana
After achieving a bachelor's degree in public health or another field, some people find it necessary to move forward into higher-tier degree programs. The convenience of online education has opened doors for many people wanting to better their lifestyles, but it has also put a lot of pressure on undergraduate degree earners to pursue even higher degrees.
Since it is common for a lot of people obtain employment after their first round of college, convenient online degree programs may be the best option for pursuing master's level degrees. Online MPH programs are equal in quality to standard in-person college programs, so students that choose this route are not sacrificing quality by choosing them.
CEPH Accredited MPH Program at the University of Montana
In Montana, students can enroll with the University of Montana to obtain their MPH degree completely online. The MPH - Generalist program at UM is accredited by the CEPH, meaning the curriculum is reliable and relevant to the field of public health. Taking part in this degree program could be an excellent choice if this is the field you choose to work in.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Montana
Versatile career options can be made available through MPH programs in Montana. One field that receives extra attention from upcoming students is that of epidemiology. Epidemiologists work hard to determine where diseases originate, what causes massive spreads, and how to combat mass-illness because of them.
The product of information provided by this field is a useful tool for communities that want to protect their citizens from these dangerous outbreaks. If this is a field you could see yourself working in, Montana has what you need to move forward in a relevant degree program. Some further information about this career field is listed below.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: