Mississippi has a population nearing 3 million, with 15% of the population having no health insurance. Mississippi also ranks high on the state poverty rankings, coming in at #3, with 20% of the population living in poverty. Knowing that these figures are up to date and realistic, it is easy to assume why public health is such an important field for this state.
People are in need of support and education to help them carry on with normal and healthy lifestyles. Public health professionals can be found working for private agencies, hospitals, specialty clinics, consultation agencies, and even for the government.
If you think that you would be a great fit for this field, choosing a MPH program to go alongside you undergraduate public health degree or a related Bachelors program might be a good option.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Online MPH Programs in Mississippi
Schools such as Jackson State University and the University of Southern Mississippi have 9 MPH programs provided for upcoming public health professionals. These programs center around the importance of health-consciousness and disease/illness/injury prevention for citizens within all sectors of society.
While the statistics within the state of Mississippi can be disturbing, the state itself is still a great place to live. People living here enjoy the southern hospitality and the beautiful landscape found throughout the state.
Residents looking for ways to promote success in their personal lives may wish to pursue a higher degree program that is both relevant to the needs of their community and helpful in providing a stable lifestyle for their families. Online MPH programs in Mississippi are a great way for people to achieve the degree of their dreams from the comforts of their own home.
University of Southern Mississippi CEPH Accredited MPH
The University of Southern Mississippi current has a MPH program focusing on Health Policy & Administration available for interested students. This CEPH accredited program is excellent for students that want a reliable and relevant degree program that stands out from the rest. Accreditation is always a vital factor to consider when choosing an online degree program.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Mississippi
Public health has a large variety of occupations associated with it. Your interests could take you down many different paths, since there is so much available for graduates to pursue in the realm of public health. Careers in management or administration are popular, as well as careers working in policy creation and implementation.
Scientifically-based fields such as epidemiology work in an effort to prevent or cease the onset of widespread illness and disease. This can be achieved by better understanding the disease itself or by investigating previous instances in which the disease has spread. The insight provided by professionals within this line of work is useful in providing helpful prevention and treatment programs for the public and can sometimes be utilized by busy hospitals that are especially susceptible to widespread illness.
If you like the sounds of this career path, a MPH - Epidemiology may be right for you.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: 80