Public health is a huge part of what keeps communities safe and comfortable. From nearly every aspect of human health and wellness, public health professionals provide educated insight into helpful community programs, prevention awareness campaigns, and services to people without the resources to provide for themselves.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Michigan
In Michigan, 14% of the nearly 9.9 million population lives under the poverty line. 11% of the population is currently without insurance. Having knowledge of these statistics can encourage upcoming students to take a stand against the struggles and difficulties that fellow residents experience by getting involved in the field of public health. Michigan offers interested people 32 MPH degree programs throughout the state.
The University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and Andrews University are the leading providers of MPH programs in Michigan. Students wishing to take part in these programs can choose programs that focus on Epidemiology, Health Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Nutrition and Wellness, and Biostatistics.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- Southern New Hampshire University offers multiple public health programs online, including a online BS in Public Health and BS in Community Health Education, a MS in Public Health, and MS in Public Health - Global Health, which aligns to the competencies instituted by the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health (ASPPH).
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years. Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
Online MPH Programs in Michigan
If you are already aware of your desire to enroll in a MPH program, you may want to consider the different options for obtaining your degree. Over time, the influx of technology has made obtaining a college degree easier than ever.
Students that have already achieved their undergraduate degrees prior to their decision to move forward may find that there are online programs accessible immediately. Online MPH degree programs are also open for enrollment throughout Michigan, with Andrews University being the leading provider for CEPH accredited online programs.
These accredited programs have a reviewed curriculum that is consistent with national requirements for public health programs. When considering an online degree program, CEPH accreditation is a very important factor that should influence your decision.
At Andrews University, you could pursue a MPH - Nutrition and Wellness degree or obtain a joint degree through a cumulative program supported by the university's Department of Public Health. Obtaining your degree online can be a great way to pursue your dream of helping others without having to change the way that you live your life.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Michigan
Michigan's wide variety of public health programs can allow you to freely determine your path to success. Epidemiology in particular is a field that calls on students with a strong determination towards protecting others. The purpose of this career is to look deep into the biology surrounding illness and disease in an effort to better understand them. With this higher knowledge, prevention and awareness throughout society can be more effectively utilized.
Through the public health career field, students can experience the scientific side of public health, delivering services that help fight the prevalence of serious illness and disease. Looking deep inside the creation and spread of diseases, you could be a leader in the reduction of communicable diseases in your area and the implementation of helpful prevention plans. More information regarding salary and employment statistics are listed below this section.
- Average Salary: $70,640
- Salary Range: $47,120 to $87,600
- People Employed: 150