Most people may be concerned with the overall state of wellness within their area. In the state of Maine, residents that are interested in playing a role in the improvement of public health may find degree programs that can complement their desires.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Maine
Throughout the state, there are currently MPH programs available at the University of New England and the University of Southern Maine. The 3 MPH programs in this state that are currently accredited by the CEPH have concentrations that include the Generalist MPH Track and a Health Management MPH.
These specializations are suitable for upcoming public health professionals that seek widespread knowledge in the field of public health, or those that wish to pursue careers working in the healthcare industry. With the population of Maine growing in excess of 1.3 million, 10% of the population being uninsured, and 13% of people living under the poverty level, it is important to consider public health a priority for the future.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- Regis College’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) can prepare you to meet these and other emerging challenges on a local, state, or national level. With 2 concentrations in Epidemiology and Health Policy and Management, you can Apply with No GRE and the program can be completed in as few as 7 semesters.
Click for admissions information at RegisCollege.edu.
Another featured sponsored program, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Online MPH Programs in Maine
Upcoming students in Maine that wish to obtain their degree through online university programs may be surprised at what they have available to them. Online programs may be growing in popularity more and more each year.
Technology constantly seeks to improve student interaction, study tools, and methods for testing through an online platform, making this experience more convenient and enjoyable for students enrolled. CEPH accredited degree programs can be found at the University of New England, which provides a relevant MPH - Generalist degree program for interested students. The Generalist concentration is excellent for students that desire a wide range of specialties in the field of public health or for those that wish to pursue administration or state/local government positions in public health.
Online degree programs provide students with educational programs that are comparable to traditional programs, with most using the same instructors. Convenient online programs are also great for people that are currently employed or wish to maintain their obligation-free lifestyle. As the years progress and technology becomes more available, more students are becoming accustomed to using online platforms for their college education.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Maine
Students that choose to pursue a degree program in public health may want to have many options for employment in the field. Public health is a highly inclusive field that touches on different areas within the fields of health care and public awareness. As a public health professional, you can find careers working in diverse settings. In Epidemiology, for instance, you can work in hospitals or for research labs investigating diseases and illnesses. This particular career field is important to public health because it helps find solutions to detrimental public health dilemmas. In dense populations throughout the state of Maine, rapid spread of disease is always a concern, which is addressed primarily by epidemiology professionals. When you are considering which specialization to choose or which career field to work in, you should always determine what you are most concerned with in public health and choose a program from there. Some further information and data regarding epidemiology in Maine is listed beneath this section.
- Average Salary: $60,600
- Salary Range: $41,000 to >$100,000
- People Employed: