Current findings for the state of Kentucky indicate that 16% of the population is currently going through life without health insurance. This is a disturbing fact for public health officials, since those uninsured citizens may not be receiving adequate preventative health care.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Kentucky
17% of the population is also currently living under the poverty line, which contributes to even more concern in regards to public health. As the population has grown to about 4.4 million, the need for helpful people in public health has become more apparent to citizens within Kentucky. Students interested in being a part of the solution to the public health dilemma have the option of pursuing one of Kentucky's 25 MPH programs, which can set them on track for future successes.
Universities such as Eastern Kentucky University, the University of Kentucky, the University of Louisville, and Western Kentucky University have MPH programs with several options for concentration. If this is a field you are thinking of pursuing, Kentucky is a great place for opportunity.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Online MPH Programs in Kentucky
Online MPH degrees are an excellent way to obtain a higher degree in public health without having to quit your job or lose precious time with your family. In the state of Kentucky, people may find that there is great opportunity for advancement through online degree programs. If you want to achieve a higher status at your current career or just want to compliment your undergraduate education with a higher degree, online MPH programs may be a great option for you.
Western Kentucky University Online MPH
At Western Kentucky University, students have the option of pursuing a MPH - Generalist degree completely online. The generalist concentration is a great choice for students that wish to have a widespread knowledge of public health, possibly for administrative careers or those with the government. Programs such as this one can take 2-3 years for completion, but can be finished completely online. One of the most important aspects of online degree programs is their accreditation.
The online MPH program at Western Kentucky University is CEPH accredited, which provides a curriculum that is significant to the field of public health and reliable in terms of areas of study. If you want to pursue a higher degree, it is always vital to choose programs that are CEPH accredited in the field of public health.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Kentucky
Epidemiologists that work in the state of Kentucky can be found in hospitals, health care agencies, or research facilities. Some professionals may even be employed at the state or national level, providing educated insight into the spread of illness and disease. In areas that have a larger, denser population, widespread disease is a tremendous concern. It is up to epidemiology professionals to find methods for reducing the likelihood that illnesses are spread throughout communities, using scientific and research-oriented means. If you have a personality that is drawn to science and the solving of complicated issues, epidemiology may be a field you would enjoy.
- Average Salary: $50,660
- Salary Range: $34,740 to $72,110
- People Employed: 50