The state of Indiana offers a wealth of opportunity to students that desire careers in public health. Universities such as Indiana University - Purdue and Indiana University - Bloomington provide MPH programs that include concentrations in Physical Activity, Parks & Recreations, and Professional Health Education. These programs have been implemented to train professionals to assist with everyday public health concerns that are present throughout the state.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Indiana
MPH programs maintain CEPH accreditation at the above universities, which is vital for students that want to have a high quality degree program that teaches relevant information throughout. Accreditation can make a profound difference when searching for a career or seeking licensure within the state of Indiana. Over the years, the population of Indiana has grown to over 6.5 million.
With 13% of the population current living without health insurance, there are certain risks that are present in large numbers regarding personal and community health. Public health professionals can take a leading part in changing the mindset of residents and getting them in contact with resources that can help to increase their knowledge of their own health and wellness.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Online MPH Programs in Indiana
Online MPH programs are an excellent way to get your foot in the door in public health positions across the state of Indiana. Online programs promote independent learning and provide flexible scheduling that is suitable for people from all walks of life.
Deciding to take part in online degree programs can change the way that you see your future. You can still work full-time while attending online classes, and have more flexibility with due dates and exams. While there are different concentrations available for students to choose from, students should choose their degree program based on their current interests and concerns with public health. Some of the available MPH programs in the state of Indiana are listed below.
- MPH - Biostatistics
- MPH - Environmental Health
- MPH - Physical Activity
- MPH - Parks & Recreation
- MPH - Behavior, Social, and Community Health
- MPH - Epidemiology
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Indiana
Although epidemiology is listed last on this list of available programs, it is one of the more popular degree choices for MPH students. Epidemiologists are an important part of hospitals, research facilities, and state agencies that work hard to thwart widespread illness and disease. From an epidemiologist's point of view, it is important to research the specific disease, illness, or ailment in order to find methods for reducing its duration, effect, or intensity. If this is a career field you could see yourself working in, take the time to research some of the available programs in Indiana. It is careers such as this one that can have a tremendous, lasting effect on the overall health of the public in the areas in which you live. Some of the common salary and employment data is listed below.
- Average Salary: $69,570
- Salary Range: $42,900 to $108,030
- People Employed: 100