As the population of Idaho grows beyond 1.6 million, residents are forced to consider options for living safer and healthier lives. The state poverty percentage of this state is 15%, reminding public health officials of the large number of people currently living under the poverty line. In addition to the poverty figures, 16% of residents are also uninsured.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Idaho
These figures not only provide areas that need improvement, but also identify a risk for all residents of the state entirely. Public health professionals have the opportunity to intervene in situations such as this, providing public health education to residents, in hopes to change what they know about the resources available to them and the preventative programs available to safeguard their health.
In this state, Idaho State University is the most popular university for public health prospects. During the course of a degree program, students may have the option to pursue a wide range of concentrations, ranging from those dealing with administrative functions to more scientifically-based degree programs. Regardless of what your intentions are as a public health professional, Idaho is a great place to get started on your journey to lifelong success.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- Regis College’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) can prepare you to meet these and other emerging challenges on a local, state, or national level. With 2 concentrations in Epidemiology and Health Policy and Management, you can Apply with No GRE and the program can be completed in as few as 7 semesters.
Click for admissions information at RegisCollege.edu.
Another featured sponsored program, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Online MPH Programs in Idaho
In the current day and age, more students are finding it more profitable to move forward with online degree programs. The state of Idaho is a excellent place for students to test their skills through online MPH degree programs. During the course of this experience, students may be expected to complete 2-3 years of coursework, which contains courses that are focused both on the core components of public health and the secondary classes the typically support a concentration.
Online MPH programs allow students to explore case studies and research regarding the use of public health programs, statistics concerning the public wellness, and applied methods for educating the public on their own healthcare. Some concentrations that are available for students choosing this path include Public Health Administration, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Disaster Management, Public Health Policy, Public Health Management, and Public Health Education.
This is not an exhaustive list by far. Over the years, more public health degree programs have developed, marking the need for more educated professionals in the field as a whole. If you are interested in pursuing your public health degree online, schools are available and waiting for you to apply.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Idaho
There is a large number of potential career paths in public health. For those that have a more scientific or exploratory frame of mind, epidemiology is a great option. This career field calls on individuals with determination and problem solving skills to help define, prevent, and treat illness and disease. This field is not limited to these factors, however. Epidemiologists can help to investigate any instance that has a profound effect on public health or wellness. If this sounds like a field that you may be interested in, there are degree programs that focus on this concentration available in large quantities. Check out some of the salary data below for more information specific to Idaho.
- Average Salary: $58,590
- Salary Range: $39,000 to >$100,000
- People Employed: