Overview of Public Health Degrees in Delaware
Delaware is a charming state that includes all of the aspects required for a quaint lifestyle. The state itself has a population of around 925,000 people, which is lower than most other U.S. states. As of currently, 11% of the population of Delaware is currently uninsured. This is a huge percentage of the population, which is of concern to public health officials.
The poverty rank of this state is 29, with 14% of the population falling under the poverty line. In terms of applicable degrees in this state, public health is definitely one to consider. The statistics show that there may be a profound need for educational intervention for people all across the area, as well as some insight into preventative programs in disease acquisition and illness treatment. MPH degree programs in Delaware can potentially provide students with the knowledge needed to carry over their expertise into the public domain.
Concentrations such as Community Health Education, Environment Health Sciences, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics can allow for students to delve into different areas of public health, depending on which areas they are particularly fond of. Specializing in a certain area can help students find a part of society that is of most concern and move forward into it with great initiative.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- Regis College’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) can prepare you to meet these and other emerging challenges on a local, state, or national level. With 2 concentrations in Epidemiology and Health Policy and Management, you can Apply with No GRE and the program can be completed in as few as 7 semesters.
Click for admissions information at RegisCollege.edu.
Another featured sponsored program, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Online MPH Programs in Delaware
Online programs in public health provide more than just a convenient learning environment. In an online setting, students can use internet resources and tools to guide them through the program. Most online MPH programs have a supervised experience requirement that provide students with the opportunity to try their hand out in the field. Experiences such as these go well beyond what can be taught and learned in a classroom setting.
Students involved with online education may also be permitted to work independently on research projects concerning different health or wellness trends, and be expected to provide insight into helpful solutions or educational programs. Online MPH programs also allow students to pick specializations which can help them narrow down their career capabilities after graduation.
For example, students that are interested in the management aspect of public health could take part in specializations such as Public Health Management or Leadership in Public Health, while those concerned with the experimental aspects of public health may be a better fit for concentrations such as Epidemiology or Biostatistics.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Delaware
Working in the field of public health can be a very different experience from one concentration to another. While some students find it more profitable to work in the applied section of public health, others prefer working behind the scenes, trying to find patterns and solutions to public health dilemmas. A large majority of students entering into MPH programs project an interest in the field of epidemiology. This field is highly focused on the investigation in the creation, mutation, spread, and maintenance of dangerous illness and disease. Having a career in epidemiology can lead to positions in hospitals, public health agencies, and even for businesses.
- Average Salary: $54,270
- Salary Range: $41,000 to >$100,000
- People Employed: 140