Residents of Alaska may have the opportunity to enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country. Along with this luxury, individuals that are interested in pursuing higher education in this area may find that there is plenty of opportunity for obtaining a college degree - even through online degree programs. One of the most prestigious online programs in Alaska is found through the University of Alaska at Anchorage.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- Regis College’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) can prepare you to meet these and other emerging challenges on a local, state, or national level. With 2 concentrations in Epidemiology and Health Policy and Management, you can Apply with No GRE and the program can be completed in as few as 7 semesters.
Click for admissions information at RegisCollege.edu.
Another featured sponsored program, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Alaska
The online MPH program at this university includes some of the prime aspects of public health, such as epidemiology, research, disaster management, and public health education. Regardless of whether or not students have a particular field of interest in public health, the online program at the University of Alaska at Anchorage provides an all-inclusive curriculum to meet their needs.
As with most states, as the population continues to grow in excess of 735,000, the need for educated public health professionals may rise. The state of Alaska has a state poverty rank of 43, with 19% of the population being uninsured. Statistics like this can be disturbing for those who view the state in terms of overal health and wellness. Enrolling in a MPH program can be your first step in assisting the people of Alaska with leading healthier lives.
Online MPH Programs in Alaska
The online MPH degree program at the University of Alaska at Anchorage can provide residents with an education that is suitable for increasing overall population wellness. The purpose of this program is to educate students on the importance of public-funded public health programs, initiatives that can increase health-related knowledge for individuals within communities, and individual supports that can assist people with learning better health habits.
The online MPH program consists of 33 core credits, which include courses such as Principles of Epidemiology, Public Health Emergencies and Disasters, and Public Health and Society. In total, students may be expected to complete 42 credit hours throughout the duration of the degree program. In order to be considered for this program, students must have already completed an undergraduate degree in public health or other related discipline.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Alaska
Alaska's landscape and climate makes it a unique place for people to call home. With the influx of people interested in residing here, it is important that specialists concerned with the origination, spread, and maintenance of disease are available within close proximity. Since Alaska sits apart from the lower 48 states, it is vital that it has medicinal and health-related resources that can provide insight in case of a widespread illness or disease. Professionals that specialize in the control of disease could be a valuable asset to residents in Alaska. If you are considering a degree program in public health, considering a specialty as an epidemiologist may be a great option. In this field, you can work with specialists and the public to determine great prevention and treatment methods for both common and uncommon diseases and illnesses.
- Average Salary: $77,720
- Salary Range: $46,870 to $114,510
- People Employed: >10