Oklahoma currently has 10 CEPH accredited MPH programs available for enrollment, with all of the programs found at the University of Oklahoma. It can be difficult to see a rising problem within your own state and have no means for solving it. In the field of public health, you can be a figure of change for those around you. The first step to becoming involved in this fascinating field is enrolling into a relevant public health degree program within your state.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available. Click here for admissions information.
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Whether you are moving into the field or expanding your knowledge, the program provides the science-based knowledge you’ll need to devise and implement solutions to public health challenges. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Oklahoma
The population of Oklahoma has expanded to over 3.8 million over the last decade. With more people flocking to this state each year, it is important for public health professionals to employ their expertise in order to improve the quality of life for all citizens.
Oklahoma currently ranks 16th in state poverty rankings, with 16% of the population currently living in poverty. 17% of the population is living without the stability of insurance, which is another important component in the need for public health professionals. In response to these figures, some students are finding it beneficial to enroll in public health oriented degree programs throughout the state.
Online MPH Programs in Oklahoma
While some students are interested in taking part in traditional in-person courses, a whole new breed of student has erupted in recent times. Upcoming college students that want to pursue a degree without the hassle of finding housing or losing out on vital work time may find online degree programs to be more convenient for what they require.
Students that are working full-time or have other daily obligations may find online degree programs more suitable for the lifestyle that they currently have. Online MPH programs can give students the same quality of education without having to actually attend universities at all. There are many different MPH programs available in an online setting, with specializations ranging from Epidemiology to Public Health Preparedness. Take a look at some of the MPH programs available throughout the state of Oklahoma.
- MPH - Biostatistics
- MPH - Epidemiology
- MPH - Health Administration & Policy
- MPH - Health Promotion Sciences
- MPH - Occupational and Environmental Health
- MPH - Public Health Preparedness & Terrorism Response
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Oklahoma
Making the choice to pursue a career in public health can be a rather life-changing choice for both the professional and the public. Fields such as epidemiology lead the way down the path for safer communities and more informed citizens. If you choose to work in a field such as epidemiology, you can find pathways to better prevention of disease, illness, and injury. You can use the knowledge gained through investigative measures to determine why different ailments are prominent and what people are doing to encourage its presence. While public health is a highly influential field to work in as a whole, concentrations such as epidemiology may be growing in popularity each year.
- Average Salary: $59,180
- Salary Range: $44,860 to $81,110
- People Employed: 60