The incredible views and landscapes in New Mexico make this one of the most beautiful states to live in. For residents, the state of New Mexico is a great place to settle into a career and raise a family.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in New Mexico
One of the main priorities associated with both of these goals may be finding an area within the state that is safe and promotes healthy lifestyles. Public health professionals assist residents with obtaining this level of comfort by providing education, support, and programs that focus on maintaining wellness.
There are currently over 2 million residents within this state that rely on the services of public health officials to protect them at home, at work, and out within society. Unfortunately, New Mexico is currently number 1 on the list of states with the highest poverty. 21% of citizens live in poverty in this state, with 22% of the population living without insurance. These factors are extremely telling of the need for innovation in public health systems throughout the state.
If you want to potentially change the quality of lives for other residents within your state, New Mexico currently has 8 MPH programs available through universities such as New Mexico State University and the University of New Mexico. Concentrations range from Epidemiology to Health Services, Systems, and Policy, and touch on some of the needed aspects of public health in this state.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- Baylor University’s Master of Public Health online program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Serve communities in Texas and around the world. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
Online MPH Programs in New Mexico
Making the decision to pursue a higher degree can be an invigorating experience. There are many options for the MPH both in traditional institutions and in an online setting. However you decide to pursue your MPH degree, know that accreditation is key to having a reliable degree that consists of the right material.
CEPH accreditation is the leading source of reliability for public health programs and accredited programs are available throughout the state.
New Mexico State University offers a MPH - Community Health Education program completely in an online setting. This program is accredited by the CEPH and provides students with the education needed to be a proactive professional in the field. When choosing a university for your education, be sure to review the curriculum and accreditation information prior to enrolling.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in New Mexico
In a state the tops the list in poverty rankings and high in uninsured rankings, the need for professionals in the public health domain may be on the rise. Fields such as epidemiology contribute quite a bit of research to preventative services and educational programs that can assist residents with avoiding the acquisition of dangerous illnesses and diseases while being involved with the community. The responsibilities of professionals in epidemiology include investigating where and how diseases are acquired and developing programs to help aid in the prevention of the spread of these diseases. If this field interests you, New Mexico has programs that are suitable for your needs. Our team has provided some information regarding the salary and employment of epidemiologists beneath this section.
- Average Salary: $70,820
- Salary Range: $63,840 to $99,560
- People Employed: