Residents of Louisiana that are considering public health professions for their future deserve the best possible options for their education. Public health is a field that assists residents with finding solutions to health-related concerns and issues, which are prominent within any area of the United States. Louisiana currently has 25 MPH options for interested students throughout the state.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Louisiana
The large availability of programs is likely related to the increased need for public health professionals throughout the state. Louisiana's population has grown over 4.6 million in recent years. The state itself ranks 2nd in state poverty percentage, making poverty a grave concern for citizens throughout.
21% of the population currently lives under the poverty line, with 18% of the population remaining uninsured. Public health professionals realize the need for quick and effective intervention for people living in this area, making public health degree programs a high priority for upcoming college students. Accredited MPH programs in Louisiana can be found at universities such as Louisiana State University and Tulane University.
There are numerous concentrations available depending on your area of interest.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available.
Click here for admissions information.
- UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News' most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Purdue University’s Public Health Graduate Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
- Regis College’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) can prepare you to meet these and other emerging challenges on a local, state, or national level. With 2 concentrations in Epidemiology and Health Policy and Management, you can Apply with No GRE and the program can be completed in as few as 7 semesters.
Click for admissions information at RegisCollege.edu.
Another featured sponsored program, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, offers fully online, part-time master’s degree and certificate programs, designed for working professionals. The Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL) focus on emergent industry sectors that have a resounding need for highly skilled professionals. These flexible, online graduate programs are currently offered in the fields of Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality, Population Health Management and Spatial Analysis, and can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Online MPH Programs in Louisiana
Pursuing a degree in public health is a great way for people to make their contribution to society. Public health professionals play a profound role in educating the public on their own health and wellness, as well as providing insight into proper precautions and programming for wellness initiatives.
People that are currently working full-time positions or have other daily obligations seek a more convenient route for pursuing their education, such as throughout online degree programs. Online MPH programs can also be found throughout the state of Louisiana.
Tulane University MPH: Multiple Areas
Tulane University offers students the option of a MPH - Occupational Health & Safety Management degree, MPH - Occupational & Environmental Health degree, and MPH - Disaster Management. These are relevant degree programs that can be helpful in deterring some of the potential critical situations that residents of Louisiana may be subjected to. Online programs can provide students with the opportunity to engage in learning activities through convenient internet classrooms.
Similar to traditional degree programs, online programs are also accredited by the CEPH. Accreditation is an important aspect to any college degree, since it adds to the reliability of the program in total.
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Louisiana
A career in public health is a great choice for students that truly want to make a difference in the lives of others. One area of public health that receives a high quantity of interest is epidemiology. Professionals in this line of work look into the formation, transmission, and treatment of diseases and illnesses present within particular areas. The findings of professionals in this field can contribute to great changes which can possibly protect large portions of the population from widespread illness. If you have a desire to work in a field that can possibly protect citizens from dangerous diseases, epidemiology is a field to consider. Our experts have provided some recent salary and employment data below for you to review.
- Average Salary: $64,060
- Salary Range: $40,000 to >$100,000
- People Employed: >100