Universities in the state of Kansas have a large quantity of MPH programs for students that are interested in this path for their future. Over the entire state, there are 12 MPH programs available at various schools, including Kansas State University and the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Overview of Public Health Degrees in Kansas
Concentrations in these degree programs touch on subjects that are specific to general public health, the investigation of illness and disease, and social factors that can contribute to how well areas address public health concerns. Kansas' population has grown in excess of 2.8 million in recent counts, making public health a great point of interest for healthcare professionals. The state itself ranks 26th in state poverty rankings, with 13% of the population currently living without health insurance.
With these factors in mind, it is no surprise that this state is in great need of knowledgeable public health professionals. If this is a career path that interests you, researching some of the above-named colleges should be your first step to pursuing your goal.
- The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available. Click here for admissions information.
- At Purdue University, you can earn your Master of Public Health (MPH) Online at a university world-renowned for its accomplished faculty and research expertise. Whether you are moving into the field or expanding your knowledge, the program provides the science-based knowledge you’ll need to devise and implement solutions to public health challenges. Study Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health System Administration, Environmental Health, Behavioral Sciences, and more with the Online MPH, which can be completed in a little over two years.
Click for admissions information at Online.Purdue.edu
Online MPH Programs in Kansas
Online MPH programs are new programs of interest for individuals currently working in the field. The convenience of online degrees goes well beyond the standard expectation of traditional degrees, since most programs can be completed right from home.
While in online MPH programs, students can gain knowledge in the field of public health through individual case studies, writing assignments, and research projects that are relevant to their lessons. Course rooms in online platforms allow students to engage in discussions with classmates, as well as submit assignments virtually. Quizzes and examinations are also completed online. Take a look at some of the MPH programs available through the state of Kansas.
Concentrations in online degree programs are similar to those found in traditional learning environments, and include topics that deal with general public health, food safety, disease transmission, exercise, and leadership within public health organizations.
- MPH - Food Safety & Biosecurity
- MPH - Infectious Diseases and Zoonoses
- MPH - Public Health Nutrition
- MPH - Public Health Physical Activity
- MPH - Epidemiology
- MPH - Social and Behavioral Health
- MPH - Public Health Management
Epidemiologist Careers & Salary in Kansas
One of the more preferred careers paths for public health professionals in Kansas is epidemiology. Epidemiologists can make a great contribution to an area's overall public health by investigating disease and illness from a proactive standpoint. Interpreting how diseases were created and then determining methods for transmission throughout the public domain is a large majority of the purposes in this career realm. Epidemiologists often work in positions through hospitals or medical centers that wish to cease the quick transmission of disease, or for agencies at the state or government level with the same purpose. This field calls upon individuals that have a background in science as well as a personality that includes investigative and problem-solving traits. Some of the salary information and employment data for this career is listed below.
- Average Salary: $76,630
- Salary Range: $51,000 to >$100,000
- People Employed: >100