What is the online MPH with No GRE?
Online MPH programs can provide students with the opportunity to take learning into their own hands. With this responsibility, students must be dedicated to their education and have the skills necessary to handle independent course work. Since online universities cannot measure a student's abilities without testing, the GRE became a huge part of the admissions process. This test can help universities get a better outlook on the level of skill of their applicants, so that they can measure a student's ability to handle standard tasks.
Consider featured Online MPH programs with no GRE requirements or GRE waivers:
- Apply with no GRE:
MPH @ Simmons, the online Master of Public Health program from Simmons College, prepares students to become public health practitioners and address health inequity at a local, national, and global level. The program can be completed in 21 months. No GRE required to apply.
- GRE waivers available:
The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University ([email protected]) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally.Complete your MPH in 12 months.
Top MPH Programs with NO GRE Requirements
Our team of educational experts has over a decade of experience in researching educational programs. In order to make your journey a little easier, they have provided a list of colleges with no GRE requirement below for you to browse.
- Simmons College: Students that are looking for a good quality online MPH program may be able to find exactly what they are looking for through Simmons College. This university has an innovative online MPH program that consists of 45 credit hours. The estimated completion time for this program is 21 months, which makes it an attractive choice for upcoming students. The online MPH at Simmons College consists of requirements for admission such as a completed application and resume, personal statement, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and application fee. Students are not required to submit test scores from the GRE as part of their enrollment process.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: The Chicago School provides an innovative, accelerated online MPH program for students that are ready to get started in the field. As part of the degree program requirements, students must complete 100 hours of fieldwork during their experience, which can contribute to more experience in the professional domain. Students that are interested in this program are required to submit an application, resume, transcripts, and essay at the time of enrollment. The entire program can be completed in around 2 years.
- The University of New England: The online accelerated MPH program at the University of New England provides students with the opportunity to finish quickly, without having to take part in any post-bachelor's testing. This 46 credit hour program can provide students with more insight into management skills, Public Health Planning, and Epidemiology. The university states that students in this program can complete it in as little as 18 months. There is no GRE required for admission, which makes this program even more attractive for students that are looking for a quick result.
MPH Programs with GRE Waivers
In addition to schools that completely overlook the GRE requirement, there are also schools that allow students to test out of the GRE requirement, or provide proof of previous degree completions in lieu of testing. Depending on the university you choose, you may find that certain schools have different methods of waiving the GRE. At some universities, some students can provide proof of higher undergraduate GPA scores as a method for losing this requirement. Other universities can substitute the GRE for other graduate-level tests, such as the MCAT, LSAT, or GMAT. Take a look below at some universities that offer waivers to students that qualify.
- George Washington University: George Washington University currently has an excellent accelerated program in Public Health for students that are interested. While this program has a strong dedication to learners and their experiences, it does have some solid requirements for upcoming students that are interested in enrolling. This program does require that students complete the GRE prior to becoming enrolled, but does have waiver options for students that qualify. Students are encouraged to speak with university representatives to ensure that they meet the recommendations of the waiver prior to applying.
- The University of South Florida: The online MPH program at the University of South Florida requires that students submit GRE scores as part of the initial application process. Students that have not completed the GRE may be considered for a waiver if they have already completed a master's degree within the U.S. Students should check with admissions at this university prior to submitted their application to ensure that they meet the qualifications for this waiver.
- Des Moines University: Des Moines University has a great online MPH program that allows students to choose from 3 specializations for their program. As part of the application process, students are expected to submit proof of completion and scores from the GRE exam. Students that have completed a master's degree or higher prior to enrolling or students that have completed other graduate-level tests such as the GMAT, MCAT, or LSAT may be considered for a GRE waiver at this university.
What is the GRE?
The Graduate Record Examination is used by most universities that offer graduate-level programs. This examination tests students' abilities in verbal reasoning, analytical writing, and quantitative reasoning. During the examination, students may be expected to exhibit their writing, mathematical, and critical thinking skills. The results of this examination can provide schools with a better idea of where students stand in terms of these standard educational skills.
Types of Online MPH Program GRE Requirements
There are generally 3 types of online MPH programs in terms of GRE requirements.
- Some universities require GRE scores with no exceptions. These universities often state that students cannot enroll until test scores are received and do not offer substitutions or waivers during the process.
- Other schools offer GRE waivers, typically to students that have already completed a master's or doctoral degree within the U.S.
- Some universities do not include the GRE requirement within their admissions requirements.
Schools that do not require the GRE may have stricter requirements for undergraduate GPA, work experience, or recommendations.
Students that are interested in moving quickly into an online MPH program may benefit most from no-GRE online MPH programs. As you will see in the sections below, there are plenty of accredited and reliable schools that offer this option to students. Since these schools are lax on their testing requirements, students may find that there are higher numbers of applicants each semester. This could make the undergraduate GPA and work experience requirements more important for getting accepted into these programs.